Who should try this experience?
Have you always wondered what it’s like to breathe underwater? If you want to try scuba diving, but aren’t quite ready to take the plunge into a certification course, Try Scuba Diving is for you. The Indy Dive Center offers this program at the beach of France Park. While not a scuba certification course, Try Scuba Diving is a quick and easy introduction to what it takes to explore the underwater world.
To sign up for a Try Scuba Diving experience, you must be at least 10 years old. No prior experience with scuba diving is necessary, but you need to be in reasonable physical health.
How to get started...
Step 1. Create your free diver profile with SSI. Click on the SSI Online Registration link located above.
Step 2. Pay for your all inclusive Try Scuba Class. Click on the Pay Online link located above.
What will you learn?
You learn the basic safety guidelines and skills needed to dive under the direct supervision of a Dive Professional. If you make an open water dive, you’ll practice a few more skills in shallow water to prepare for your adventure. Get ready to:
- Go over the scuba equipment you use to dive and how easy it is to move around underwater with your gear.
- Find out what it’s like to breathe underwater.
- Learn key skills that you’ll use during every scuba dive.
- Have fun swimming around and exploring.
- Hear about becoming a certified diver through the Open Water Diver course.
What scuba gear will you use?
The Indy Dive Center will provide all the basic scuba gear you’ll use including a Mask, Snorkel, Fins, Regulator, Buoyancy Control Device, Dive Gauges and Scuba Tank.